[alberg30] Re: Upgrading my Alberg30

Richard Johns Richard.Johns at valley.net
Thu Mar 18 18:38:59 PST 1999

From: Richard Johns <Richard.Johns at valley.net>

Shawn, My traveler is mounted to the cockpit seats just aft of the bridge
deck. it is a heavy cross section designed to span the width of the
footwell. This is conected staight up to a bail on the boom which is 3/4 of
the way out.  It is convienent to reach but somewaht in the way.  A four
part tackle works fine and the load on the boom is less than with a mid boom
arangement on the cabin top.  When at anchor we will sometimes ease the
traveler to one side to clear the companionway. The sheet leads fair with
both my dodger and bimini top both in place.

Good luck withyour projects.
Rich

At 02:31 PM 3/18/99 -0000, you wrote:
>From: shawnwilliam at msn.com
>
>I have just bought hull #307.  I am the fourth owner and needless to say
this Alberg has not been upgraded to much.  The following upgrades have been
done: