[alberg30] Cruise to DC and seeing the tourist sights

A30240 at aol.com A30240 at aol.com
Mon May 3 15:20:37 PDT 1999

From: A30240 at aol.com

As announced at the Spring Rendevous Jim and Sandy Davis are doing a trip up
the Potomac in July.  This trip will break off from the Association's Summer
Cruise at Solomons on 7/3/99 and proceeds to DC arriving 7/6/99.  There are
two "Tourist Days" planned.  Then it is back down the Potomac and arriving in
Annapolis on 7/13/99.  Because of the limited slip space on Washington
Channel for transients, reservations are recommended.  I have talked with the
Gangplank Marina and they assure me that if I get reservations in quickly
that they will be able to keep the boats together and find space for us
during their busiest period.  Transient fees are $1.00 a foot/day. To anchor
out and use the showers, dinghy landing, etc is $5.00/day.  the anchorage
area is about
20 feet deep with a "well ploughed" soft mud bottom.  I am assured it is also
crowded and has two tourist "bum boats" (Spirit Line) that like to run
through it.  The Gangplank has some parking and is close to Metro.  There is
also a grocery store several blocks away.  Diesel and gas can also be had.

If you are interested please give me a call at 410-956-4079, or e-mail at
a30240 at aol.com.  I can send you a complete itinerary, but I also need to give
the Gangplank a "boat count".

Jim Davis
Isa Lei