[alberg30] Le Zinc

Forhan, Thomas Thomas.Forhan at mail.house.gov
Mon May 17 14:44:15 PDT 1999

From: "Forhan, Thomas" <Thomas.Forhan at mail.house.gov>

	I thought it would be a piece of cake to replace the zinc on my
Atomic 4 powered Calliope #287. I've taken what remained of the old one to
Boats US and West and gotten nothing but blank stares, and nothing suitable
in their zinc bins.

	The zinc I removed was screwed directly on the shaft, aft of the
(second) prop nut. Of course, there is not much clearance behind because of
the rudder, and nowhere on the shaft to place a collar.

	One thought I had was to remove the keeper shaft nut and use a zinc
with an embedded nut, but I'd rather just replace the existing zinc.
Solutions? Suggestions?

	Incidentally, when cruising the Choptank, there is a great
restaurant called Le Zinc in Oxford. I highly recommend the mussels!

	Tom F.