[alberg30] Sling positions

Bob Lincoln lincoln at cc.UManitoba.CA
Tue May 25 07:16:18 PDT 1999

From: Bob Lincoln <lincoln at cc.UManitoba.CA>

Further on sling positions when lifting; do both straps need to be on the
keel bottom, or can the forward one sit in the keel cutaway?  I suppose
this would tilt the boat forward when raised.  Is it safe to lift the boat
slightly with the rear strap aft of the keel?  If the boat had been lifted
from this aft spot, would it stress or crack the rudder shaft or rudder?
 It seems that the full keel can't rest along its entire length because
then there would be no spaces to slip a strap under it.  I suppose blocking
the keel would get around this.  Unlike a fin keel it seems like the cradle
pads would also get in the way of the rear strap when lifting.  Are there
any simple solutions to this.  You can see I'm struggling with the centre
of balance and the lifting strategy.  Thanks again.
Bob Lincoln
Winnipeg, MB