[alberg30] slings, steering, etc.

Gordon E. White gewhite at crosslink.net
Wed May 26 07:00:49 PDT 1999

From: "Gordon E. White" <gewhite at crosslink.net>

For those concerned with setting slings, the yard just put my boat back
in and ran the slings (1) under the mast and (2) under the bridge deck
immediately aft of the doghouse. It rode on a pretty even keel.

    We just brought her around from the yard to our pier, about five
miles by water. It's a rip-roaring day on the Bay - 25 to 30 - we got
thoroughly soaked, but hey, it was sunny and great to be back floating
again.

    I love the wheel steering with the controls on the pedestal. I will
have to make a seat for the helm, as we put the wheel far enough forward
in the cockpit that it's a reach if you sit on the mainsheet traveller.

                                - Gordon White A-275