[alberg30] Re: Coamings (bedding compound)

greg vandenberg fashionguy at mailhost.kal.ameritech.net
Mon May 3 19:51:39 PDT 1999

From: greg vandenberg <fashionguy at mailhost.kal.ameritech.net>

Tom... I've done the same thing on two occasions. When I removed it the 1st
time the material that "I believe" was the original sealant is called butyl
glazing tap. It is a commercial product used in window installation. It was
remarkable soft after 28 years. When I reinstalled, I used Boatlife. This time
I'm looking for some glazing tape. Glazing tape is something about the texture
of play clay and in a ribbon about 1" wide  and approx. 20 ft  lg. Comes in a
roll with a tape or paper backing to keep it from adhering to it's self. The
reason I'm thinking of using it is the fact that it will not be the mess of
Boatlife which is a very good caulk by the way.

regards
greg

PS: any other thoughts?????

 I took off the coamings to varnish, and am wondering what kind