[alberg30] Atomic 4 Exhaust leak

FINNUS505 at aol.com FINNUS505 at aol.com
Thu May 6 14:33:23 PDT 1999

From: FINNUS505 at aol.com

Hi Gordon!
  When this exhaust discussion began, i wondered if bronze fittings were
available. You answered that question.
  I remember on the old family 35' Weekender there was a bronze water
jacketed exhaust line that ran to an old fashioned muffler of some
description.  Does anyone bother with such an exhaust line anymore? In the
interest of preventing a problem before it happens, I would like to replace
all the iron parts of the exhaust from the exit on the manifold, aft. I'm not
just creating a problem for myself; the exhaust system as it is has a serious
flaw; the existing aqua-lift type muffler is in the stbd cockpit locker, and
is higher than the top of the elbow on stbd. tack.  We know that at the worst
possible time, when I'm motor sailing on a rough day, water is going to get
back in the engine with the existing layout.
What do you think?
Lee
Stargazer #255