[alberg30] Solved the Rudder problem

Charles Haggart chaggart at sympatico.ca
Mon May 17 18:34:12 PDT 1999

Hi Michael;

I see you are  from London On. where do you sail from? I bought an Alberg 30
(KC150) and motored her from Hamilton to Toronto last Saturday. I was
getting a steady stream of water coming into the cockpit from the rudder
post. From your description of your repair job there is a packing gland on
the bottom of the Rudder post if so I guess I can repair that fairly easily
by hauling out and repacking the gland. As a stop gap I have installed an O
ring on the rudder shaft just below the bronze sleeve that acts as the top
bearing for the rudder post. I don't expect it to stop the water just slow
it down a little.

Charles Haggart