[alberg30] bottom cleaning

Gordon E. White gewhite at crosslink.net
Thu May 20 03:21:28 PDT 1999

From: "Gordon E. White" <gewhite at crosslink.net>

Jim:
    I second George's message. My yard was suggesting I sandblast and
put on a new barrier coat and said the boat needed to remain out of the
water eight months in order to dry out. I declined. Since then I have
seen, in the same yard, two cases of sandblasting that ate into the
gelcoat when it was not supposed to. My opinion is (1) not to sandblast
and (2) not to add a barrier coat. Just my opinion. I claim no
scientific expertise in fiberglass technology.
                        - Gordon White