[alberg30] A-30 Cradles

Guy Lalonde lalondegc at videotron.ca
Mon Nov 1 15:28:33 PST 1999

Will eventually need to replace my A-30 cradle, it's starting to shows its age. I looks like the 4 inner pads once folded but a previous owner had the folding parts welded.

Mine has 8 pads. Was this standard A-30 issue ?  Does anyone out there have only 6 or 4 ? Is there a good reason for needing 8 pads ? Because my understanding is that the weight of the boat rests on the keel and the pads are only meant to prevent the boat from falling to the side.

Cheers,
Guy.
Cyrena #466