[alberg30] 2 cents more on: slab reefing

FINNUS505 at aol.com FINNUS505 at aol.com
Tue Nov 2 15:11:56 PST 1999

From: FINNUS505 at aol.com

In a message dated 11/2/99 1:31:19 AM Eastern Standard Time, Rap1208 at aol.com
writes:

<<
 Lee, I found two nice hooks, with good sized eyes,  I bought a long bolt,
and
 I bolt them where the tack of the main fits on the forward part of the boom.

 It takes a few minutes to rig in the spring, but after it's tightened, iit's
 there in the proper position.  Use a nylock nut  I use some big stainles
 washers.  Heres  the drill,  take, the bolt, put on a washer, put on the
 hook, insert bolt through the hole, through the clew of the sail, and out
the
 other side,  Put on the other hook,  washer, and tighten the nut.
 We run the 1st reef on the starboard hook, the 2nd on the port one..  1st
and
 2nd reef blocks and lines are on port side of boom with a small # 6 winch
 mounted forward.  Sure helps when its blowing
 Russ.

Hi Russ,
Sounds like a good system!!
Lee