[alberg30] 2 cents more on: slab reefing

Rap1208 at aol.com Rap1208 at aol.com
Mon Nov 1 22:30:50 PST 1999

From: Rap1208 at aol.com

Lee, I found two nice hooks, with good sized eyes,  I bought a long bolt, and
I bolt them where the tack of the main fits on the forward part of the boom.
It takes a few minutes to rig in the spring, but after it's tightened, iit's
there in the proper position.  Use a nylock nut  I use some big stainles
washers.  Heres  the drill,  take, the bolt, put on a washer, put on the
hook, insert bolt through the hole, through the clew of the sail, and out the
other side,  Put on the other hook,  washer, and tighten the nut.
We run the 1st reef on the starboard hook, the 2nd on the port one..  1st and
2nd reef blocks and lines are on port side of boom with a small # 6 winch
mounted forward.  Sure helps when its blowing
Russ.

Get EXPERT CONTENT at ONElist!
Join PROS&PUNDITS.  For details go to: