[alberg30] Cabin Heaters

John Edwards john at cep.ca
Wed Nov 3 07:30:53 PST 1999

From: John Edwards <john at cep.ca>

Just a comment about the placement of chimneys for cabin heaters. My
boat came with a force 10 kerosene cabin heater. It works well enough
when at anchor. However the few times I have used it at dock I've had
problems with the draw on the chimney as a result the cabin would back
up with fumes. I think this is caused by the chimney being vented
through the cabin top on the lower step portion. I believe the chimney
needs to extend above the higher portion of the cabin. I'm not sure as I
have not done anything about the problem. When I'm at the dock I plug in
and use an electric heater. I have never used the heater when I'm
sailing.

--
John Edwards
CEP National Representative