[alberg30] A30 hatch

Guy Lalonde lalondegc at videotron.ca
Sun Nov 7 15:44:52 PST 1999

From: Guy Lalonde <lalondegc at videotron.ca>

Harlan,

mine does the same thing on the hard or in the water. It's the colder
weather that does it for me. As soon as it warms up it goes away. If it is
only the teak inlay that rubs against the seahood then maybe it stands too
proud of the surrounding fiberglass. I've replaced the teak inlay and it
sits maybe 1/16 " higher and not being very good (read dangerous) with a
belt sander, I convinced myself that it wouldn't matter. Well now instead of
rubbing slightly against the hood when cold now it jams up completely (guess
I'll have to practice belt sanding on an old piece of wood).
So if the teak inlay has been replaced, look at that. If it is just the
fiberglass, remove the seahood and re-install with some kind of a gasket all
around it, just enough to raise the hood slightly so there is enough
clearance when it's cold.

Guy.
Cyrena #466