[alberg30] Hatch Mystery Solved

Harlan M. Doliner gorwin at flash.net
Wed Nov 10 18:36:08 PST 1999

From: "Harlan M. Doliner" <gorwin at flash.net>

Today Evergreen basked in unseasonably high temps of 70+F.  Upon
arriving home this evening I climbed up into the cockpit and had a
marvelous time easily sliding a very slick hatch back and forth without
any rubbing against the seahood. (Anyone watching would have thought me
a little odd).  It's a real relief to learn it's the temperature
differential.  Veteren's Day will now be spent rigging a good tarp cover
so the hatch can be left open to work on her when the temps return to
more normal levels. My thanks to all those who ventured opinions on this
problem.  Now if only a change in temperature could repair the split in
the mainsail...  Harlan Doliner, Everygreen, #489.