[alberg30] bow pulpit measurement

alberg30 alberg30 at interactive.net
Sun Nov 28 11:57:55 PST 1999

From: "alberg30" <alberg30 at interactive.net>

I am currently working on one of my "at home" projects for the long winter
ahead---building a bowsprit/anchor roller.

Since I am not near my boat, it's about four hours away in Maryland, I need
a measurement from the existing bow pulpit. Specifically, I need to know
the max distance between the two support stanchions at the fore end of the
bow pulpit. Basically, if your looking at the bow pulpit while standing on
the deck, you will see that the bow pulpit has four stanchion bases that
mount it to the deck. I need to know the distance between the forward two.
I am trying to determine what the max width the bowsprit could be. I have a
piece of teak I plan to use  ( from the email: What the hell is this
thing?) that is 12" wide and about 1" thick.

Could someone who is very close to their boat, take  this measurement for
me? I would greatly appreciate it. Also feel free to point out any other
obstructions that I missed that might affect the width; I have already
taken measurements for the fore stay, head sail shackle, all cleats, etc.

Thanks again,

Joe #499
"One Less Traveled"