[alberg30] Cabin heater - Kole Stove

SandersM at aol.com SandersM at aol.com
Wed Nov 3 08:50:13 PST 1999

From: SandersM at aol.com

I was going to pass up this thread except for the fact that I just finished a
four-day run up the Sound to Stonington with beautiful days and FRIGID
nights, so suddenly this talk about cabin heaters has captured my attention.

A quick look inside the BOAT/US catalogue reveals only electric heaters.  One
-- a PTC ceramic heater, $24.95 -- runs on 12v DC and draws 10 amps.  Not
being electric-literate, I wonder whether one could run this off of a single
battery for 6-8 hours at a time, and get enough warmth from it to take the
edge off of late October nights.  Thoughts?

Sanders McNew
WILD ELF (# 297)
Oyster Bay, New York