[alberg30] Jammed main Halyard cable

Charles Haggart chaggart at sympatico.ca
Wed Nov 10 05:02:19 PST 1999

From: "Charles Haggart" <chaggart at sympatico.ca>

I have to stop saying "my new boat" she is already a season old with me, but
on my new boat # 150 I am replacing all the standing and running rigging
over the winter. I will use 316 ss and reusable fittings on the standing
rigging and replace the main wire/rope halyard with braid. When I got her
she was pretty shabby and I consider this standard refit stuff. It will cost
me close to $ 1,000.00 CND I think. My spreaders are Oak and in perfect
condition (they are painted that probably helps).
I have steps on my mast, a legacy from her Caribbean days, so I am able to
climb up and inspect everything on a regular basis.