[alberg30] Jammed main halyard

Rap1208 at aol.com Rap1208 at aol.com
Thu Nov 11 21:26:16 PST 1999

From: Rap1208 at aol.com

Dick, reguarding winches,  yours sounds a little small.  The rule is the
bigger the better, within reason but I don't think I would want my body on
that winch.  Different makers have different rating systems.  Perhaps you can
find a used one also.
Take a look  around at other boats, to see what size they are using, and
remember, that main is 200 square feet, and the boom is heavy.    Just my
opinion.
Russ Pfeifer