[alberg30] Fw: [a30] Tanks

Gordon White gewhite at crosslink.net
Sat Nov 13 02:54:29 PST 1999

From: Gordon White <gewhite at crosslink.net>

  An opinion  on installing wheel steering: When I put a wheel on my Alberg last
spring all the advice I got was to leave plenty of room behind it in the
cockpit. It ended up about midway in the cockpit sole. After a season of use I
wish I had put it as far aft as gave me foot room  in front of the top of the
rudderpost - about five inches aft of where I put it. (I tried the placement
with a mocked-up wheel before installing it) It is ok, but restricts cockpit
sitting room more than necessary.
                                    - Gordon White A-275