[alberg30] Prop size for Atomic 4

Rap1208 at aol.com Rap1208 at aol.com
Mon Nov 15 21:50:20 PST 1999

From: Rap1208 at aol.com

Andy, I run at the same rpm, but useing a 13-7 prop. I get 6-6 1/2 k
depending on waves.. You don't want to use 'all' 30hp any more than you would
use 'all' your cars 200 hp to cruise down the road.  Every engine has just so
many 'horse power hours".  The more you take at any one tine, the quicker
your engine wears out.  I have been useing this prop for 12 years.  Fuel
economy will also improve with a bigger, higher pitched prop.  I would
suggest you don't go over 7" pitch with the A 4, but some desiel engines run
a higher pitch.   I ran a 12-6 prop on my Ariel, with a 7 hp Vire engine, but
that had a 2 to 1 reduction gear.
Russ Pfeiffer.