[alberg30] Jammed main halyard

FINNUS505 at aol.com FINNUS505 at aol.com
Tue Nov 16 10:10:04 PST 1999

From: FINNUS505 at aol.com

In a message dated 11/16/99 10:14:29 AM Eastern Standard Time,
gdinwiddie at min.net writes:

<< it were me, I'd probably just take the cracked socket
 to the welder and have them look at it.  If they thought
 it was basically OK, I'd have them weld the crack closed.
 I'd sleep better.

  - George

Thx, George.  I know little about welding, and didn't know if older aluminum
can be welded safely, ie. metal fatigue, etc..  Either repaired, or replaced,
that crack should be seen too, though, Dick.