[alberg30] Halyard winch

Robert Kirk kirk at neptune.gsfc.nasa.gov
Thu Nov 18 08:42:07 PST 1999

From: Robert Kirk <kirk at neptune.gsfc.nasa.gov>

>Rap1208 at aol.com wrote:
>
>   You may be a lot
>stronger than I am. but try geting that main up after a jiffy reef, in a
>strong wind.  I need that main halyard winch.

Actually, since it's a vertical pull,it doesn't take strength, just
mass.  This is one of the few cases where I have a marked advantage.  I am
naturally blessed with an um, er ..., weighty counterbalance.

Got a question about boating? Skiing? Rollerblading? Fishing?
Ask a real expert at www.ExpertCentral.com
With over 4700 experts, the Web's largest question and answer resource