[alberg30] Halyard winch

Rap1208 at aol.com Rap1208 at aol.com
Wed Nov 17 21:13:39 PST 1999

From: Rap1208 at aol.com

Bob. and Dick.  No, the racers do not leave a little slack.  they leave no
slack at all.  For instance you control jib sail shape with halyard tension,
anong other thingsHeres how, less tension, with perhaps just the start of
puckers at the hanks, will give you a flat entry.  Thats good for flat water,
and speed in those conditions.  Also it points higher.  More tension gives a
more rounded lluff, That shape is more vorgiving.  It gives you a wider
'groove' in chop, for instance.  A racer will adjust job halyard tension to
meet various wind conditions.  If he wants to win!   You may be a lot
stronger than I am. but try geting that main up after a jiffy reef, in a
strong wind.  I need that main halyard winch.
Russ