[alberg30] Halyard winch

Robert Kirk kirk at neptune.gsfc.nasa.gov
Tue Nov 16 19:59:48 PST 1999

From: Robert Kirk <kirk at neptune.gsfc.nasa.gov>

Dick Filinich <daf at mobiletel.com> wrote
>[...]  I tried ebay but had no response in my
>search for a winch,does anyone have a source to find these bronze
>winches,I think someone mentioned Mich.but can't seem to find it on my
>e-mail.Lee I've got another one coming at you.
>"High Spirits"#191                                   Dick

Dick... I would save the looking around because I don't think you need a
halyard winch at all. I have a jib winch on the port side of the mast which
I never use. It's easy to raise both sails and cleat them without using
winches, if you're not fanatic about tension. Don't the racers leave a
little slack anyway?

There's lots of other chores to do on the boat before you get to looking
for extra winches.

Cheers,
Bob Kirk
Isobar #181