[alberg30] Remove step plate

Guy Lalonde lalondegc at videotron.ca
Sun Nov 21 16:12:02 PST 1999

From: Guy Lalonde <lalondegc at videotron.ca>

Joe, Tom, Greg,

thanks for your advice. Finally got the plate off, with patience and prying
it off slo-o-o-o-wly one small area at a time. If that had not worked my
next step would have been to use heat. There was some kind of bedding
compound underneath which is probably why it was so difficult.

In the Maintenance Manual, (Scott Maury, "Bill of Rights #487", Mast Step
Repair) it is said that the mound on which the mast step sits on is made of
plywood and glass. Mine is pure glass, somewhere around 1/2, maybe even 3/4
inch thick, then the balsa core then the lower glass skin.

What did you guys, or anybody else who has done this repair, find under the
mound ? Would it be better to rebuild with or without a piece of plywood ?

Guy.
Cyrena #466