[alberg30] Refinishing the decks, revisited

Tom Sutherland tomsu at uky.campuscw.net
Mon Oct 4 06:47:40 PDT 1999

From: Tom Sutherland <tomsu at uky.campuscw.net>

Sanders ... I don't recall seeing the post you mention but the product I used,
which I was very pleased with, was "New Glass". You will find it on page 369 of
the West Marine Master Catalogue. The hull of my A-30 would not buff out to suit
me so since I did not want to paint at the time I thought I would have little to
lose by trying this product. I had seen it demonstrated at the Chicago Boat Show
a couple of years ago and still had some information on it.
    It was easy to use and I was very pleased with it. My hull is blue, so I
wasn't sure how it would do on a white hull until a friend decided to try it
after seeing the result on my Alberg ... It also was very impressive on his
"white" hull !
    Let me say that I am talking "freeboard" here and not deck. I would highly
recommend it for the freeboard if it does not buff out to your satisfaction ...
One quart should do two A-30s

Tom S
A-30  412
InCahoots

SandersM at aol.com wrote:

> From: SandersM at aol.com
>
> TO THE LIST:
>
> A few weeks weeks ago, someone mentioned a product that he/she had used in
> lieu of repainting the hulls and decks to revive the finish of their A30's
> original gelcoat.  I have searched my emailbox and cannot locate the
> reference.  I would be grateful if someone could resend the information to me.

Get EXPERT CONTENT at ONElist!
Join PROS&PUNDITS.  For details go to: