[alberg30] Roller Reefing

Brian Zinser bzinser at nmu.edu
Thu Oct 7 09:53:21 PDT 1999

From: Brian Zinser <bzinser at nmu.edu>

I've enjoyed the discussion regarding roller reefing.  On my old boat, I
had slab reefing.  My Alberg still has the roller reefing.  I have used it
this summer and found it much easier to reef, especially when I am by
myself. I have also not experienced the problems with the leach when
reefing as discussed. I have a spruce boom which is round and larger  in
diameter than most aluminum booms.  Perhaps this is why I'm able to keep my
sail shape when rolled reefed.

Brian Zinser

Choose from a wide selection of high-quality newsletters at ONElist.
For details on ONElist's PROS&PUNDITS newsletters, click below.