[alberg30] On changing to fully battened main

Rap1208 at aol.com Rap1208 at aol.com
Thu Oct 7 22:25:11 PDT 1999

From: Rap1208 at aol.com

Chet, I have full batons on the the top two only.  Only Problem I have is
that it's neccessary to remove the second batten down, or replace it very
often, because it twists and deforms if left in when the sail is down.  I
have a little more roach, which is fine, except in very light air, when it
sometimes hangs up on the backstay, in a tack.  Not usually in a gibe.  It
seems to help light air sail shape, and we have a lot of light air in Lk St
Clair in the summer.
Russ Pfeifer