[alberg30] Dreaming of sinking!

Forhan, Thomas Thomas.Forhan at mail.house.gov
Mon Oct 4 06:59:41 PDT 1999

From: "Forhan, Thomas" <Thomas.Forhan at mail.house.gov>

I woke up early Saturday morning with a start - I had been dreaming of
Calliope sinking at the docks, unattended.

I got down to the docks all was well, of course.

Still , so she has two manual bilge pumps, but I think I'd like to add an
electrical one, one of the Rule types.

Looking into the depths of the bilge under the engine, I see the spot to
mount one, way, way down there. But what am I looking at?  Specifically, is
the bottom of the bilge fiberglass, so that I could put a few self-tapping
screws into to mount the pump base; is it a thin layer over cast iron that
will thwart my attempts to attach something firmly into it?

Thanks

Tom F.
Calliope #287

Get EXPERT CONTENT at ONElist!