[alberg30] Insurance, one experience

Rap1208 at aol.com Rap1208 at aol.com
Sat Oct 16 18:27:43 PDT 1999

From: Rap1208 at aol.com

Lee, I agree with you, although I bought Ca Va in the water.  Her general
condition was such that I didn't worry about the bottom.  Also, nothing near
to lift it up to check.  I had to take off about1/8 " of old, red bottom
paint next spring. Did it with a scraper to avoid breathing it.  I had some
tiny bumps. 1/16- 1/8 ".  I sanded them and put on  4 coats of Interprotect
2000. after sanding that, I've a pretty smooth bottom.  Put VC 17 on that,
and perhaps thats why I seem to get more speed at 1500 rpm then some other
people.  Also. I faired ALL through hull fittings, with, of all things,
Plastic Wood.  I know. I said the same thing myself when I saw a real old
timer doing it.  I've had it on for 10 years, and it is still sticking.
Every little bit helps.  Yours for faster sailing.
Russ

      Win a Digital Camera and Earn 6 Percent APY Interest!
SFNB is reinventing Internet Banking with a 6 percent APY Interest
Checking acct. For acct details and to sign up to win a digital camera: