[alberg30] Support Beam

Bill Newman bnewman at netcom.ca
Fri Oct 22 06:07:34 PDT 1999

From: Bill Newman <bnewman at netcom.ca>

I have heard a lot of discussion over the last couple of years about
reinforcing or supporting the wood mast support beam.  I still have the
original wood with no problems.  However, I am using the boat a great
deal more than the previous owner and may realistically expect to have
this problem soon and would like to prevent it happening in the first
place..  I would like to understand exactly how the metal is installed
and where, how heavy is the metal, what is the metal, how is it
fastened, etc.  Can anyone explain this in some detail or better still,
does anyone have any drawings or pictures? Any information will be
appreciated.

Bill Newman
Marion Roses III #233