[alberg30] Winterizing A-4 and othe rthings.

Robert Kirk kirk at neptune.gsfc.nasa.gov
Fri Oct 22 20:24:09 PDT 1999

From: Robert Kirk <kirk at neptune.gsfc.nasa.gov>

At 05:54 PM 22-10-99 -0700, David Swanson wrote:

>Thomas  -
>
>Can you describe what kind of stains you had?  I get a brown liquid around
the
>top edges and corners of the main cabin when I get serious condensation, and
>have avoided re-painting until I can figure out what it is & what to do about
>it.

I had what sounds like the same thing myself in Isobar. Molasses-like
droplets extruding from the fillets along the joint between the cabin top
and sides. I guess it's Bondo used in the fillets oozing out.  I tried
sanding & overpainting, then priming with aluminum pain, but neither
worked.  Then I tried a couple of coats of Kilz as a primer and it worked
beautifully - no more brown stuff coming out.

Bob Kirk
Isobar #181