[alberg30] Winterizing A-4 and othe rthings.

Forhan, Thomas Thomas.Forhan at mail.house.gov
Mon Oct 25 05:53:40 PDT 1999

From: "Forhan, Thomas" <Thomas.Forhan at mail.house.gov>

That is exactly it.

It is written up I the maintenance manual, and might be attributed to (bondo
type?) filler which was used to smooth out these areas when the deck came
out of the mold. It may be more hydroscopic than the rest of the fiberglass,
and so the stains develop  when humidity is high.

I'm not really sure about the chemistry, but two or three coats of
waterbased Kilz followed by two coats of oil-based enamel did the job for
me!

Good luck,

Tom F.