[alberg30] Toe rail replacement

Michael Stephano mundo at visi.net
Tue Sep 14 04:56:46 PDT 1999

From: "Michael Stephano" <mundo at visi.net>

I know some one that has done this job (not on an Alberg). He removed the
rail in equal sections and made the replacement pieces using the original as
templates. I don't know the condition of your toe rail but it may be easier
to work with what you have and repair the bad areas. I have recently
resurfaced the coamings on my boat ( That I thought should be replaced until
the same friend bought me to my senses) by removing them and sanding away
the high grain. Sealing them with epoxy and varnish before putting them back
on. The screw holes will need to be deepened to accommodate new bungs.
Good luck
Michael Stephano
Hopkins & Bro. General Store and the
Eastern Shore Steamboat Co. Restaurant