[alberg30] White Squall

Marianne King-Wilson addvalue at zeuter.com
Wed Sep 15 19:07:21 PDT 1999

From: Marianne King-Wilson <addvalue at zeuter.com>

Hi, Dick!
We've had a couple of white squall experiences in Georgian Bay; very hairy.
We asked our late friend Bill Beatty (Kaila #266), whose enthusiasm for the
A-30 had led to our purchase,  what the maximum heel was, and he said,
calmly,  "90 degrees".  He had two knockdowns on the Atlantic, with his wife
and 2-year-old son and 2-month-old daughter aboard.   I feel certain that
more than wind alone was responsible for the knockdown, of course.  The
beauty of the Alberg was that she righted herself immediately and he felt
completely secure and confident.
I look forward to hearing more stories.
Marianne King-Wilson
Windward #369

Dick Filinich wrote:I just wonder if an a 30 can be rolled by wind alone,or
did I put my boat through a testing experience? "High Spirits"#191
Galliano,La.

                 http://www.onelist.com/ad/gator1