[alberg30] Full Hoist Head Sail?

A30240 at aol.com A30240 at aol.com
Tue Sep 28 19:09:50 PDT 1999

From: A30240 at aol.com

I would go for full hoist, perhaps a short pennant on the tack.  Just enough
to get it above the lifeline and reduce chafe on the pulpit.  For a smaller
sail, working jib I would raise it about the 18".  This way you can bag the
#1 still on the forstay and set the jib above the bagged #1.  Much less to
handle in a quick sail change when the wind picks up.

Jim Davis
Isa Lei
240

Share your special moments with family and friends- send PHOTO Greetings
at Zing.com! Use your own photos or choose from a variety of funny,
                 cute, cool and animated cards.