[alberg30] Full Hoist Head Sail?

sunstone sunstone at idirect.com
Tue Sep 28 21:25:08 PDT 1999

From: sunstone <sunstone at idirect.com>

If it is a full hoist there will be little or no room for a tack
pendant, I would pitch the pendant and go for the full hoist in either a
1,2, or3 as the performance is worth it.

A30240 at aol.com wrote:

> From: A30240 at aol.com
>
> I would go for full hoist, perhaps a short pennant on the tack.  Just enough
> to get it above the lifeline and reduce chafe on the pulpit.  For a smaller
> sail, working jib I would raise it about the 18".  This way you can bag the
> #1 still on the forstay and set the jib above the bagged #1.  Much less to
> handle in a quick sail change when the wind picks up.
>
> Jim Davis
> Isa Lei
> 240

     GET 2 FREE MUSIC CDS AND LOWER YOUR PHONE BILL!  ACT NOW!
Sign up for Qwest long distance at Shopnow.com and receive 2 free music
CDs, huge savings on long distance, plus special deals! Expires 9/30!