[alberg30] Permanent Moorings

Brian Zinser bzinser at nmu.edu
Thu Apr 27 05:43:26 PDT 2000

I have berthed my boat at one of our municpal marinas but due to several
factors am contemplating putting a (free) permanent mooring in our lower
harbor.  We have two harbors and the one I'm in is suffering from low water
levels.  Most of the lakes are down from recent water levels, and although
Superior is about even with last year's level, there is no snow pack left in
the basin and projections are for the water to go south before the season is
over.  I'm also a victim of a very anti-boater city manager who wants to
continue to raise mooring fees to "market rates".  I keep telling him that
our one harbor only has 60% occupancy so obviously, he has already exceeded
"market rates".

Never-the-less, I would like to know if anyone has installed their own
permanent mooring and if so, what kind and size mushroom anchor, size of
chain, etc.  Any words of wisdom is welcome.

Brian Zinser
Manana #134

High rates giving you headaches? The 0% APR Introductory Rate from
Capital One. 9.9% Fixed thereafter!
http://click.egroups.com/1/3010/5/_/476031/_/956839408/