[alberg30] bimini top

T K Blanc blancs at altavista.com
Wed Apr 19 06:38:55 PDT 2000

I purchased a bimini through Boats-r-us several years ago. It was a special order... $350 or so - stainless steel, Sunbrella fabric. I'll see if I can find some paperwork on it. It pivots on hinges which are attached outside the coamings and lays down in front of the main sheet. I don't believe you could really sail the boat with it this way - I always disconnect the feet and slide the legs inside the winch mounts when I sail with it down.

On Wed, 19 April 2000, George Dinwiddie wrote:

> Dick,
>
> Imp (#61) has an off-the-shelf bimini.  I think Howard got it at a
> department store.  I got one at Boats-r-us last year for around
> $100.  It's not as sturday as a custom bimini - the frame is aluminum
> and the top doesn't fit as closely - but it works fine.  I've got
> it set up so that when it's folded forward, it lies on top the
> dodger.  I've also thought about replacing the screws that hold
> the legs with ball-detent clevis pins.  Then it would be very
> quick to take it down.
>
>  - George
>
> > Dick Filinich said:
> >     [snip]
> > I got into the wild goose fall website
> > concerning the A-30 association.There was a boat #61 racing#484,well
> > #61 has the type of bimini I'm looking for,and I think there's another
> > picture of the same boat in the raft up,Couldn't make out the details of
> > how the top is rigged but looks to be set up to lay down behind the main
> > sheet when not in use.If the owner of #61 is on the mailing list I
> > really would like to get some details of your bimini top.
>
> --
>   George Dinwiddie                                  gdinwiddie at min.net
>   The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span those hours spent in
>   sailing.          http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/Alberg30/

> Avoid the lines and visit avis.com for quick and easy online
> reservations. Enjoy a compact car nationwide for only $29 a day!
> Click here for more details.

Why pay when you don't have to? Get AltaVista Free Internet Access now!
http://jump.altavista.com/freeaccess4.go

Tradiant is creating the premier marketplace for shippers and
carriers as well as a comprehensive family of e-commerce solutions
that give transportation companies the competitive edge.  Visit
Tradiant today.
http://click.egroups.com/1/3395/5/_/476031/_/956151536/