[alberg30] bimini top

Dick Filinich daf at mobiletel.com
Wed Apr 19 18:05:57 PDT 2000

Gordon I'm not in a real big rush,it will take a couple of weeks to get
my main to New Orleans and have it cut.I still have to install auto
pilot and traveler next week.Lofts in N.O work only weekdays so I have
to find time to get the sail there on a workday and then travel again to
pick it up when finished.I'd like to see your set up.

George:There seems to be some nice tops off the shelf,and 6'or8'lengths
or probably standard,what is yours?

T.K Blanc:I believe I understand how your top is set up,what I would
like to do is to mount the top mid way between winches on a track so I
could lay the top forward in a hurry or slide it back,detach main sheet,
slide it back and lay down on deck just ahead of stern hatch,reattach
main and cockpit would be clear.I'll have a top builder come out to my
boat and see what can be done and at what price,but if I can do this
with off the shelf top will be much cheaper than custom top.In the mean
time I'll wait for some photos,thanks a bunch guys.If the weather
cooperates this weekend,gonna sail my boat to Grand Isle thats about 20
miles from my marina,I'll be accompanied by my friend and his crew
aboard his 54'ct ketch.Were gonna raft up just off fort livingston and
spend the weekend.His boat is for sail and this will probably be her
last trip.1980 asking $110k.After his wife passed away couple of years
ago his heart is not in her boat,needs tlc.Hey rambling on again thanks
again .
Dick #191 High Spirits

Get paid while you shop!
You also get an additional 10% off on retailers
like--Disney.com, eCost.com, FogDog.com and more.
http://click.egroups.com/1/3416/5/_/476031/_/956192449/