[alberg30] Water leaks

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at min.net
Sun Apr 23 18:51:38 PDT 2000

John,

I agree with Russ that your leaks are most likely the chainplates.
In fact, you might consider pulling them and checking the knees
they're bolted to.  You don't want to lose the rig due to rotten
knees.  And, while you're at it, if you've still got the original
1/4" bolts, change them to 5/16" or double the number of them.
Those bolts are the weak link in the rig.  You should also make
sure that your bolts have solid, not threaded, shanks where they
pass through the chainplates.

 - George

> John Allen wrote:
>
> I would like to see a simple cross-sectional line drawing of the hull
> to deck joint of the newer Alberg 30.
>
> I've been trying to trace  several mysterious leaks for years.  They
> are most persistant in the forward berth compartment and the hanging
> closet.
>
> Skybird #522

Your high school sweetheart-where is he now?  With 4.4 million alumni
already registered at Classmates.com, there's a good chance you'll
find her here. Visit your online high school class reunion at:
http://click.egroups.com/1/3139/5/_/476031/_/956540855/