[alberg30] Wrinkled Varnish

Gord Laco gord at transatmarine.com
Thu Apr 27 05:53:38 PDT 2000

Yo Ho Lee,

I used to thin coats up to the last simply to make each coat as thin as
possible.  It took more coats to build up, but the results were great.   I
put the last coat or two on full power to get the build-up.

By the way, now that I'm spouting off as a varnishing expert... I'm going
through hell painting my topsides.  Getting an even finish has eluded me so
far, and my club's launch day is fast approaching.   I'm not even going to
mention the thousands of bugs who have killed themselves ankle deep in every
coat of paint.

Gord