[alberg30] another A30 reference-Cruising World May 2000

alberg30 alberg30 at interactive.net
Fri Apr 28 20:08:04 PDT 2000

Sanders:

I don't get Good Old Boat Magazine. But thanks for the info.

I am not a fan of Good Old Boat , especially at $7 an issue and $39
(??!) a year. I actually think Practical Boat Owner (imported from
England) and Classic Boat (Imported from England/Holland) are cheaper
per issue than Good Old Boat. They certainly are longer and  have more
articles--even if you do get a headache trying to convert British pounds
to US dollars when you peruse the classifieds.

My first two introductory issues of Good Old Boat were, in my humble
opinion, weak. Seemed like a lot of fluff, and it sure looked real sexy
with the glossy paper and beautiful photographs, but after reading five
pages of an article about how great Don Moyer and the Atomic Four
is---but failing to tell me anything I didn't already know, I decided to
spend that money on Blue Water Sailing and Practical Sailor. Seems a
much better bargain. I strongly recommend those magazines over anything
Good Old Boat has to offer, but that's just my opinion.

And since a couple of years of Good Old Boat would run me about $120 (3
x $40), it might be cheaper to buy this guy Vigor's book.

No offense, 'guess you can tell I'm not a fan of G'd Ole Boat.

Joe #499
"One Less Traveled"