[alberg30] Sail Track

FINKENBERG, Lincoln LFinkenberg at emmetmarvin.com
Thu Aug 10 09:46:21 PDT 2000

I think the t alum track makes a lot of sense - thanks Alan.

Message: 4
   Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2000 21:35:42 -0400
   From: "Alan P. Kefauver" <apk2 at home.com>
Subject: Re: Gauges and Sail Track

I decided to get new Genoa cars with a 3 part tackle for moving under load.
The best solution was to get the Harken cars and replace the track with
modern T-track. So ripped them (track and shims) all off, refinished the
rails, plugged the holes that didn't line up with 3M 4200, drilled new ones
and installed all new track. Bent the new track to fit a bolt hole a a time.
Should have done that to start with.

Really smooth, movable under load, and easier to sheet. I have the old
tracks if anyone wants them. Yours for the shipping. Do yourself a favor and
just replace the track. Doesn't need shims.
Alan