[alberg30] cutter rigged

Dick Filinich daf at mobiletel.com
Sat Aug 19 22:06:02 PDT 2000

Hey All:On my boat there is a diamond pad eye about three feet aft of
the head stay.Is it possible to use a halyard or topping lift(spinnaker
pole)attached to this pad eye on deck as a stay and hoist a second sail
with the spinnaker halyard or topping lift to rig as cutter.Has any one
ever fooled around and tried something like this.What would be a good
combination of head sails to not over load boat.There is a 32'Bayfield
next to me and he is rigged cutter and only has one back stay,so I don't
think that would be a problem.One other thing,my wood work is looking
really bad I'm gonna have to take it all down and sand again or strip
off the old varnish.I need a solution a stain or wood preservative,not
varnish or any other coating that will peel after a few months.I had
thoughts of pulling off all exterior wood except the toe rail,and
replace with aluminun hatches,hand rails,aft hatch etc.But to remove all
the wood, would take that classic look away.This will be a project when
the temperature comes down some,just too hot down here lately to want to
do anything but stay in air conditioning, new bimini top has made a
world of difference.
Dick #191

Remember the good 'ol days
http://click.egroups.com/1/8012/10/_/476031/_/966747398/