[alberg30] A-30 Hull Amazement

Rick Leach rleach at mbayaq.org
Wed Aug 23 01:09:19 PDT 2000

Ahoy all!

I've started the installation of my Cape Horn Windvane, which I'll be trying
to document in an easy and entertaining manner on my website.  In the
meantime, I have a little nugget to take a peek at.  There are all sorts of
"tall tales" about how heavy the A-30's hull lay-up is.  Well, there's more
than a little bit of truth to them!  The cut-out  from the transom for the
windvane is fully 1-3/16" thick!!!  These good old boats never stop warming
my heart!  I wonder how thick a modern "bleach bottle" hull would be at the
same spot?

  <<CH-Cutout.jpg>>

Rick Leach
Sugar Magnolia, #121
http://www.angelfire.com/ca/Alberg30

PerformanceDiver.com - The Widest Selection and the Lowest Prices
All On Sale!  With savings up to 60% on an entire line,
you don't want to miss the boat!
http://click.egroups.com/1/7528/10/_/476031/_/967018016/