[alberg30] cutter rig

Dick Filinich daf at mobiletel.com
Sun Aug 20 19:17:36 PDT 2000

Hey:Pad eye bolted only to deck,probably just strong enough for whisker
pole.Can't be used to hoist second sail safely.I don't suppose there
were any A-30'S built as cutters.What is the advantage of a cutter over
a sloop if speed is not an issue?I'm sure it would be easier to lower
larger head sail,and have smaller one at the ready in increasing wind
situations?Oh before I forget,the liquid in my compass came out?Its an
old one bracket mounted in that little compartment just forward in
cockpit.I don't know if its worth fooling with and would really want to
mount one of those bulkhead mounted compasses and put a marine speaker
in that hole where compass was located.Boat U.S has one model A 140 with
white numbers on red dial $71.99 and A142 black $59.99,does anyone have
a compass similar to these.I want to make a wise decision before I cut a
hole in that cabin bulkhead,calls for 4" hole.These are saturn
compasses,I hate cutting a hole anywhere in my boat!!!!!!!Navigator
bn202 and ritchie hv 76 are some other options anything else?How much
room away from radios,metals etc.for these bulkhead compasses to not be
affected?If its too much hassle I'll forget this project before cutting
hole in bulkhead.Thanks in advance for any imput.
Dick #191

Remember the good 'ol days
http://click.egroups.com/1/8012/10/_/476031/_/966823690/