[alberg30] With Jean-du-Sud Around the World

Rick Leach rleach at mbayaq.org
Tue Aug 22 07:01:47 PDT 2000

Lee,

Yes!  Very interesting indeed!  Actually, I've just begun the installation
process.  Yesterday I unpacked the carton and did some measuring and
drilling of pilot holes.  Next to me on the table is a 2 1/2" hole saw that
I'll be pushing through my transom today.  Did that give you shivers?  It
does me, hence the multiple measurements and tiny pilot holes.  But Yves has
provided a pretty comprehensive installation and operation manual with the
gear, which, by the way, is nothing short of a work of art.  Compared to the
klunky, Rube Goldberg-ian appendages that have gained acceptance, the Cape
Horn is very elegant and unobtrusive.  Not to say that it isn't robust.
Anyone who has seen his film can tell you that it can handle some serious
conditions. These factors, and the fact that the prototype was developed for
our hull makes it the obvious choice.

In any case, I am planning to document the process with text and photos on
my "Projects Page" on my website...stay tuned.

Rick Leach
Sugar Magnolia, #121
http://www.angelfire.com/ca/Alberg30

PerformanceDiver.com - Everything's On Sale!
Savings up to 60% on our whole line of gear!
http://click.egroups.com/1/7527/10/_/476031/_/966952765/