[alberg30] Painting Topsides

Horton, Ross G. rhorton at pwcgov.org
Mon Aug 7 06:50:07 PDT 2000

John:
	I have successfully used the one part International product called
"Brightside" on two occasions.  The product flowed well and the gloss was
remarkable. Like the two part product it is a two man job since the paint is
thin and dries very fast.  Have the tipper follow along with a foam brush to
take out the bubbles.  Try it on a test panel first or on a small area under
the transom.
	I think that the primary difference between the one part and the two
part products is the increased durability of the two part.  The first paint
job that I did to my old Rhodes Meridian was a light gray that has held
beautifully up for about 8 years.  I then helped paint another boat with a
dark blue that went on well but began to fade and lose its gloss after about
3 or 4 years.  If you are planning on a dark color I'd recommend the two
part product.

Ross Horton
Delphi #40

Make new friends, find the old at Classmates.com:
http://click.egroups.com/1/8011/10/_/476031/_/965655957/